Friday, November 11, 2011

Running Forward



I figure if I am not having more babies this year, I might as well get fit. I want my body at optimal performance when it comes time to pushin' time.


One way I know to do that is to run.


So, I signed up for a bunch of races, in 2012.
Training season kicked off this week to commemorate my 33rd birthday.

There are 3 main goals:

1. Get fit
2. Have fun doing it (hence the far away races)
3. Finish the year with my first full marathon

Since my husband and I plan on having an eventual boatload of children. I figure this might be my last chance to complete a Marathon (at least while I am in my prime). I can't imagine when I will have MORE time over the next decade, and if God provides us with as many pregnancies as we hope, then well... running with an extra 25 lb. sack is no fun.

The race schedule is as follows:

03/17 - Washington DC - Half Marathon
05/02 - Philadelphia Broad Street Race - 10 miles
08/19 -Providence, RI - Half Marathon
09/02 -Virginia Beach - Half Marathon
09/16 - Philadelphia - Half Marathon
10/22 - NYC - 10k
11/18 - Philadelphia Marathon

I am making this public knowledge to hold myself accountable to this goal -  that and the small fortune it cost me should do the trick.

We're in for a fun year, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment